Monday, September 17, 2012

of alpacas and cafes

Behold, the alpaca who spit on me today:












I went to an animal park today and it was really insane. Animals galore for you to touch, ride on, watch, play with...it went on and on and on. I even rode in a fox(?) bus.


After all that madness, my friends and I went to this cute cafe near the animal park. Japan is big on cafe culture; you can find them littered throughout even the most remote areas. They love "Western" decor, all kinds of flavored coffee and cakes, and random jazz music.






 They tend to get a little pricey, but most cafes will offer a cake/dessert set, which is what we did--it was ¥900 (roughly $12) for a dessert and a drink. I got a hot grapefruit green tea (that was really fragrant) and apple pie a la mode.

I really love pies and aside from apple pie, Japan is sorely lacking. As autumn is approaching, I'm thinking more and more about pumpkin pie, pecan pie, banana creme pie... I have to stop, because I'm getting hungry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment