Tuesday, September 11, 2012

this is where i live


I live in a small studio complex next to a rice and soba wheat field (those are soba [buckwheat] flowers). On the other side is a house where an old couple live. They have a marvelous vegetable garden that I stare at in envy every morning.


It's not much, but I feel so lucky to be here. It's been a little over a year since I've moved here, and the wonderment has yet to wear off. Maybe it's knowing that I am only staying until the end of next July. I want to absorb not just this place but Japan as much as I can.

First posts are the hardest. You want it to be poignant, meaningful, without being cliche. It's near impossible, so I'm not going to try. I'm not sure what form this space will take, but for now, it's where I can write about being happy (or not happy).

No comments:

Post a Comment