Wednesday, January 23, 2013

les miserables

Movies in Japan cost a lot more than they cost in the States, about 1800 yen ($20!). Luckily, Wednesday nights are ladies nights, so the price is cut down to 1000 yen for girls. I recently watched Les Mis (on a Wednesday night of course), and I was completely blown away.


I'm a huge musicals fan, but I hadn't read the book or seen the musical before, so this movie was a completely fresh and new experience for me. For those who don't know the story, I won't go too much into detail, but I do feel that you had to suspend your disbelief a bit to find the story credible. Saying that is kind of missing the point and it's not the musical's fault; it's just the nature of this particular medium. I was blown away by the acting and singing--I think it's not easy to be convincing when you're singing at the same time.

Bottom line, amazing movie, great acting, singing, beautiful visuals. Worth every penny! Bring tissues; I cried like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment