Thursday, May 30, 2013

mandoka cafe

When my sister was here, we wandered around Tokyo on foot. To rest our weary feet, I suggested going to a cafe that I had gone to before in Shibuya called Mandoka. It's a cute cafe with Indian decor, but no Indian food, and it's always crowded. Imagine my surprise when we arrived and saw that the whole place was decked out in Rooftop Prince paraphernalia.


If you don't know, Rooftop Prince is a popular Korean drama starring Park Yoochun, acting as a prince who travels forward in time with three of his minions. I'm not that into Korean dramas--too much melodrama and cancer plots--but this one was hilarious and heartwarming all at once. I recommend it!

I was really excited to receive these coasters as gifts from the cafe.


But I was even more excited to eat my dessert. I got a sakura parfait! Sakura is a seasonal flavor, so at the time, if sakura was an option, I would get it.


I think the cafe has reverted back to its normal state, but regardless, if you're in Shibuya, do drop in! It's on the way to Tower Records from Shibuya Station in Lumine Men's.

No comments:

Post a Comment