Friday, November 09, 2012

i heart pumpkin

Did you know that there's such a thing as pumpkin butter? I need to learn to make this asap!

Pumpkin pie is one of the things I miss most from America, but Japan is no stranger to the delights of pumpkin. Technically, Japanese pumpkin, or kabocha, is a squash, but it's been almost enough to satisfy my pumpkin cravings (though I still want pumpkin pie more than ever). I went to a super cute bakery today and couldn't resist picking up this baked good that was labeled "pumpkin maracon."

Obviously it wasn't a macaron, but it was delicious.


Sorry about the sad picture--I had already munched on it before I remembered to snap a photo.

Do you like pumpkin? What's your go-to fall food?

2 comments:

  1. Loveee Pumpkin, the Japanese knows how to use it well in their sweets :D Love sweet potatoes too lol

    ReplyDelete