Tuesday, June 25, 2013

kyoto, take five

In the 2 years I've lived in Japan, I've gone to Kyoto five times. My favorite area of Kyoto has to be Arashiyama.


There's a beautiful river lined with wonderful restaurants and other shops.


The bamboo forest is another must-see in Arashiyama. If you're lucky, you can also catch a glimpse of maiko!

Kyoto is also famous for their kaiseki ryori, a type of multi-course meal that incorporates seasonal ingredients. I took my sister to the same place I took my boyfriend last time and although they had a completely different menu, it was just as good and just as beautiful.











It was a little pricey (we paid 8000 yen per person, roughly $80), but it was worth every penny.

I only have a month left in Japan! Then back to California...

1 comment:

  1. I love Arashiyama!! It's soo beautiful and I want to go back :)

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete