Tuesday, June 11, 2013

yokohama


Yokohama, in addition to being the 3rd largest city in Japan, is also home to the largest Chinatown in Japan. I've been to many Chinatown's, and I have to say, it's the cleanest Chinatown I've ever been to (haha...).


Yokohama Chinatown is also near the beautiful harbor area. There were a lot of people walking around, enjoying the beautiful day and scenery.


We also went to the Minato Mirai area, where there are several high rises.


In the Landmark Tower, there's a special mapo tofu restaurant opened by Chef Kenichi Chen, of Iron Chef fame. (I found this place off Tokyo Eats.) It was pretty good! We all got the mapo tofu set which comes with rice, some pickles, and soup (the soup wasn't very good though). I'm not sure I would recommend it, since there are some pretty good restaurants in the Chinatown area, but Yokohama in general is definitely worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment