Wednesday, February 04, 2015

hada labo tokyo hydrating facial cleanser review

In my search for a new cleanser, I picked up the Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Facial Cleanser based on reviews from the Asian Beauty subreddit. This is the American version of the famous Hada Labo line in Japan, and while I would've loved to pick up the Japanese version, I live next to a Walgreens, so off to Walgreens I went.


Here's the packaging. It's quite different from the Japanese packaging, which is less frou frou, and more blue. And white. Definitely no pink.


Ingredients list!


This is a foaming cleanser, but I find that it doesn't foam too much, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I expected a little more foam, but considering my last cleanser was called Perfect Whip, I guess my expectations were too high?

It's a good cleanser; I like that it has no fragrance, and it cleans thoroughly without making my skin feel tight. I do miss the foam, but this cleanser supposedly has a pH level of 5.5, which is much better for your skin than the aforementioned Perfect Whip (pH level: 9). To be honest, I haven't seen much difference on my skin between using this and my previous cleanser, but science doesn't lie (hopefully?), so I'll update if anything changes!

Product: Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Price: $11.99 USD (but watch for Ulta and Walgreen sales!)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty ncie cleanser! I love foamy cleansers too though. It just gives me the impression that me skin is cleaner, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! But if they're too foamy, they strip your skin :(

      Delete